It may be time to upgrade your current HVAC system if you’re noticing that your home isn’t as temperature controlled as you would like or your electric bill is beginning to climb. Pay attention to these 7 signs that may indicate you need to install a new HVAC system and get a brand new system in time for the summer heat wave!
1. Your electric bills in the summer are too high. If your electric bill is above $250 a month, you should look for a more efficient system that will lower your bills to $150.00. No one wants to pay an excessive amount of money for no reason. Install a more efficient system and watch your electric bill drop exponentially.
2. Your unit breaks too often. If you have paid for three or more repairs in the last 24 months, it means your current unit will most likely keep breaking. This will result in you continuing to pour money into a unit that is on the brink of shutting down. Instead, invest your money in a brand new system that you can count on working seamlessly for the next few years.
3. You have to add more refrigerant every summer. If your system requires refrigerant as often as every year, it means there is most likely a leak somewhere or a malfunction happening with the system. Never assume the solution is to add more refrigerant. Call a professional to get a second opinion!
4.The breaker jumps when your AC is on. If the breaker is drawing too much current, it will eventually trip and short your home system. Call a professional to have them check out your system and see if it is time to find a new central air system.
5. Your interior home temperature is not comfortable. If your AC is running but never gets to the temperature point that it’s supposed to, that is a sign that you need to upgrade. There is no use in paying for your AC to run if it isn’t doing the job!
6. The noise is maddening. If the condenser outside or the heater inside is so noisy that neighbors and visitors are complaining, that is a sure sign that it’s time for a new unit. Your system should run quietly and smoothly without disturbing anyone outside or inside the home.
If any of these signs match your current experience with your HVAC system, browse these air conditioning and heating units and find one that will run reliably this upcoming summer!
The condenser outside is working all the time. If your condenser seems to be working overtime, it actually means that your unit is old and inefficient. It shouldn’t be constantly running. That is an indicator that something is amiss with you system and it may be time to say goodbye.